Candle lit yoga


This past Sunday I took a candle lit yoga class at Yoga To The People in St. Marks Square. YTTP is a donation based studio that lives by a rare manifesto - " no correct clothes, There will be no proper payment, There will be no right answers ... no pedestals.” The class was hands down the best vinyassa class I've taken in the city. I got a spot right up front and was quickly surrounded by another 50 people (in the picture above the students are in rows of 6, we had 9!!). Our mats might have been 3 inches from the next person. Thinking this was going to be a little claustrophobic, our teacher guided us through an hour flow series but allowed us to adjust the postures to our own practice and at the same time kept us as one flowing unit. I'm offically hooked. I left with a nice sweaty glow and loving everything that this place offers.

After class, I saw a girl wearing a pair of harem pants and don't know why I've never thought of that before. Typically I'd think the low slung crotch was rather unflattering but these were adorable on her. The ones above are from Athleta and unfortunately they are sold out in my size. I now have a new mission.... I figured on a Sunday morning this outfit is much cuter than my standard oversized sweatshirt and jeans to make my first coffee run of the day. And yes, there are several....


Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...